The right kind of plastic
GOVINO is 100% Made and Printed in the U.S.A (Aurora, Colorado to be exact!)
Award-winning GOVINO® is comprised of a flexible yet highly resilient polymer, which reflects the color and projects the aromatics of all types of beverages. It’s a brilliant solution for all indoor and outdoor entertaining, providing function and convenience without sacrificing elegance!
- Safe to toss in the top-rack of your dishwasher after use
- Comprised of flexible BPA & BPS free polymer
- Patented ergonomic thumb-notch and contoured base, which provides for a secure grip
- Shatterproof, reusable and recyclable
- Proudly made in the USA
GOVINO® was originally created as a trade tool to help professional salespeople showcase their wines whenever and wherever proper stemware isn’t accessible. Upon its debut in 2008, GOVINO'S very first customers included some of the world’s most renown and respected wine producers, making GOVINO the first and only unbreakable wine glass of its kind to be accepted by the wine industry!
Our Green Credentials
- PETG is 100 % recyclable #1. Plastics to avoid for food and drink type activities include #3, #6 and #7 ( most polycarbonates & acrylic )
- PETG is derived from a 100% sustainable energy source.
- PETG is composed of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, A-PET is non-toxic, 100% recyclable and environmentally friendly. If incinerated, A-PET combusts completely, creating only water and carbon dioxide.
- Polyester PETG has outstanding thermoforming properties, combining low energy consumption, short production cycles, extreme draw ratios which all allow for a minimal carbon footprint.
- PETG is found in markets where customers are looking to produce "environmentally friendly” products. Weight reduction is vital in reducing a product’s carbon footprint. A govino glass made from PETG weighs in at 40g and 210g for a 4 pack tote. A generic wine glass made from glass weighs 130g per glass, or 650g for a 4 pack. A lighter weight, as is the case with govino, means that carbon emissions during transporting are reduced. In addition, sturdier packaging is needed to transport heavier traditional wine glasses, which not only uses more paper, but also impacts the carbon emissions produced through transporting.
- Our carbon footprint is calculated at 0.600kg of carbon per 5040 units delivered while the average wine glass is calculated at 210kg per 5040 units.